Are you struggling with excess weight that refused to melt away? Do you feel insecure when you out in public due to excess facial hair and acne? Are you depressed? Frustrated that you seem to have difficulties in conceiving?
Most of us have heard about cyst...but wut about PCOS??? Is it curable? wut is the symptom?
SOoo..Let's watch all these video.
What Is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ?
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a health condition causes by hormonal imbalances and insulin resistance which can produce a set of symptoms.
- This set of symptoms are known as PCOS, which is a type of an endocrine system disorder. Endocrine system is a group of glands that work together to produce hormones that are required for the body to function. PCOS is a dysfunction that affects your whole body (hence the syndrome), and not just your ovaries.
- The cause of PCOS is believed to be the inability of the ovaries to produce hormones in the correct amount.
- When the pituitary gland (which produces follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH)) senses that the ovary is working abnormally, it would release abnormal amount of FSH and LH which causes hormone imbalances. Infertility can occur to PCOS sufferers when the ability to ovulate is disabled.
Irregular menstrual period ,Sleep apnea ,Depression, Multiple hormone imbalances, Breast tenderness, Fatigue, Infertility ,Acne ,Weight gain / obesity ,Difficulties in losing weight , Hirsutism (excessive body or facial hair) ,Alopecia (male pattern hair loss) ,Insulin resistance that can lead to type 2 diabetes, Hypertension, Polycystic ovaries (PCO),Impaired lung function, Period pain ,Food craving, Mental fogginess ,Mood swings, Hot flushes, Fainting and dizziness ,Nausea, Irritability, Miscarriage, Insomnia, Joint pain
What Causes PCOS?
- Genetic predisposition
- Disruption of ovulation cycle by severe stress or eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia
- Disruption of ovulation cycle by high levels of pituitary hormone prolactin
- Excessive production of male hormones that may occur in a rare condition known as congenital adverial hyperplasia or CAH
- Xenohormones (man made chemicals that have hormonal effects such as adhesives, pesticides, emulsifiers found in soap and cosmetics)
- Food adulterantion (processed food)
- Insulin resistance (livers and muscles do not respond efficiently to insulin stimulation of glucose intake)
- Hyperandrogenism (excessive production of male hormones like testosterone)
To those who want to know more about this disease please click this link Polycystic ovarian syndrome
"The things you LOSE help you FIND yourself and your purpose in life. Don't cry..kiss 'em goodbye!"